Press Release for 40 CEOs Sing for GF Kids
India Inc's 40 CEOs sing to raise funds for treatment of critically ill under-privileged
- This is the second edition of Genesis Foundation’s flagship CEO fundraiser event
- Funds raised will be utilised to facilitate the medical treatment of under-privileged
children suffering from critical illnesses in the areas of Heart, Cancer & Thalassemia
New Delhi, November 30, 2016: Genesis Foundation (GF), today announced the
editionof its annual fundraiser '40 CEOs Sing For GF Kids', where CEOs in
from Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru,will perform and compete with each other to raise
funds for the treatment of critically ill under-privileged children. The event will
be held at ITC Grand Central, Mumbai, on December 10, 2016. The evening promisesthrilling
performances from well-known business leaders from three cities, humming their favorite
songs,even as theyvie with each other for the coveted gold trophy. Genesis Foundation’s
Ambassador DiaMirza will grace the evening with her presence along with stalwarts
from India Inc.
An event that originated as an idea from the participating CEOs of city-specific
CEOs Sing events, 40 CEOs Sing For GF Kids bears testimony to the commitment of
these industry stalwarts. Once a year, they take time out from the demands of their
hectic lives and travel from across the country to indulge their passion for music
and their determination towards raising funds for a cause close to their heart.
An evening of musical performances by leaders of boardrooms divided in teams from
Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, the eventwill see a friendly competition between the
teams, who willdig into their repertoire of songs ranging from popular western to
Bollywood.With anchor and singer Mihir Joshi as the host for the event and celebrity
jury members, the event is all set to add another feather in GF's cap.
Some of the well-known business leaders who will be participating are:
- AshwinDeo, Founder & Managing Director, Trinity VintenersPvt Ltd
- AtulAhuja, President, Learning Palm
- Dinesh Mirchandani, Managing Partner, Boyden Global Executive Search
- GeetuVerma, Executive Director Foods & Refreshments, Hindustan Unilever
- Kerman Lalkaka, GM, ITC Grand Central, Mumbai
- MehmoodCurmally, Managing Director, Rhythm House, Mumbai
- PankajjChaturvedi, Executive Director & CEO, Rich Graviss Products
- Rajeev Raja, Founder &Soundsmith, Brandmusiq
- Ramesh Iyer, Vice Chairman, Managing Director & President, Mahindra & Mahindra Financial
- Sanjay Tandon, CEO, Music Composers Association of India and Singers Association
- Shireesh Joshi, COO, Strategic Marketing, Godrej Group
- Theron Carmine De'Souza, Director, FWC LLP
- Vinit Store, CEO, The Quadron Business Park
- VinodiniLulla, Trustee, CMCA
- YM Deosthalee, Chairman & Managing Director, L&T Finance Holdings
- Ajay Kaul, CEO, Jubilant Foodworks Ltd
- AseemSoni, CEO, Modern Foods
- Krishnan Chatterjee, Head of Marketing –India, SAP
- Sanjay Kapoor, Chairman, iBus Networks
- ShailajaMenonMadhavan, Managing Director, Global Access Learning Solutions
- SirajChaudhry, Chairman, Cargill India
- VipinRaheja, Chairman & Managing Director, Napino Auto and Electronics Ltd
- Vishal Malik, Head of Operations ,Mckinsey Implementation Practice &Mckinsey Capability Center (MCC) India
- Mano Nair, President, Novel Infra
- SanjivSarin, Managing Director & CEO, Tata Coffee Ltd
Over the years, Genesis Foundation has built a community of supporters from among eminent members of the corporate world.
These CEOs personify the message that GF is committed to spread—that these critically ill children need urgent support and care,
but 'giving' doesn't need to be a sombre act. It can be fun and participative. What’s more, it goes beyond just donating to a cause,
it is also about giving time to it and making 'giving' a way of life—because the Time to Give is Now.There are also other events where
CEOs with culinary talentget to play chefswhile raising funds for the kids.
Speaking on the occasion, PremaSagar, Founder Trustee, Genesis Foundation, said,
"For the second year running, we are anticipating a fun, competitive night between the three cities Delhi,
Mumbai and Bangalore as the CEOs from these cities gear up for the event. We are blessed to have the support from them,
the judges and our supporters, and team without whom putting together such nights would not be possible. Our hope is to bring together a fantastic,
fun-filled night where we are able to raise funds to treat GF kids waiting for treatment in the areas of Heart, Cancer and Thalassemia."
Echoing the sentiment, Genesis Foundation's Ambassador, actor, producer and humanitarian, DiaMirza
said, "I am delighted to be part of yet another fund-raiser by the passionate team of Genesis Foundation
in aid of critically ill under-privileged children. This particular event is special, because it was with the
first edition of 40 CEOs Sing For GF Kids that I began my association with the Foundation. This second edition marks a year
of our journey together—a journey where I met some of the most beautiful and resilient children smiling in the face of adversity, urging us to do the same.
These children remind us that in the act of giving, we are the biggest receivers.
It is up to us to ensure that their smile never falters—all we need is to be empathetic and take the pledge to support,
even if it is just one child. I commend these busy CEOs on giving their time and singing to raise funds, proving yet again that 'giving' can be pure fun!"
Speaking about the support to Genesis Foundation, ManishaSood, Country General Manager, Fitbit, Inc.,
said, "It has been a pleasure to be associated with Genesis Foundation and as our partnership and support enters its third year,
we are happy to be the title sponsor at 40 CEOs Sing For GF Kids to help spread smiles through the treatment of critically ill children.
The Genesis Foundation team has done some fantastic work to treat the kids and we are here to extend our support to the great cause.
It is our endeavour to continue to be a pioneer and leader in the connected health and fitness market in India and the world,
and remain true to our mission to empower people to lead healthier, more active lives by providing them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals."
"The healing effect of music is undeniable and the way Genesis Foundation applies the power of music to support critically
ill and underprivileged children is truly admirable. Every child deserves a disease-free and a
true chance at life. I am grateful for this opportunity to associate with Genesis Foundation in their
effort of supporting these God sent children. I would also like to thank each and every kind soul behind the initiative for making me
part of this journey, for a cause that requires as much support as possible. In Jimi Hendrix’s words- If there is something to be changed in this world,
then it can only happen through music!" said Sanjay Modi, MD – APAC & Middle East, Monster.com.
Genesis Foundation (GF) provides financial support for life-saving and life-changing medical intervention for critically
ill under-privileged children in areas of cancer, cardiac disorder, organ transplant, thalassemia and extreme deformities.
We support specific medical intervention, recovery and recuperation to extended treatments.
GF has provided support to 1000-plus critically ill children and hope to Give Life a Chance for many more.
100% of funds raised are dedicated towards treatment of critically ill children as all overhead costs are borne by the trustees.
GF is registered under section 80-G of the Income Tax Act of 1961, which entitles 50% tax exemption.
To know more, visit - www.genesis-foundation.net.
Tripti Sharma | Tripti.email@example.com | 7838350189